Each of the following verses struck me in some new way. Don’t you love it when that happens to you? Fill in the blanks by unscrambling the words in parenthesis. (All verses are from the KJV.)
- Lamentations 1:1 How doth the city sit solitary, that was full of (leppoe)______________!
How sad Jeremiah was to see Jerusalem in ruins!
- Song of Solomon 6:10 Who is she that looketh forth as the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and (riberlet)_________________ as an army with banners?
- John 6:63 Jesus said, “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth (gnihont)_______________ : the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” They are life? Wow!
- John 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of (relaten)_______________ life.”
- John 6:70-71 Jesus answered them, “Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?” He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should (tybera)_______________ him, being one of the twelve.
- John 7:2 Now the Jew’s feast of (clearbatens)_________________________ was at hand.
This annual feast, also known as Sukkot, began at sunset on October 12 and ended at sunset on October 19, 2011.
- John 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I (fittesy)_______________ of it, that the works thereof are evil.
- I Peter 3:10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no (eligu)_____________.
- I Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with (mensknee)________________ and fear.
- I Peter 4:8 And above all things have (ventref)_____________ charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. Thank God for the redeeming power of love!
Thank you for taking the quiz!
From October readings for Days 21, 22, and 23
Jeremiah 52, Lamentations 1, and 2
Song of Solomon 5, 6, and 7
John 6:41-59, 6:60-71, and 7:1-13
I Peter 3:13-22, 4:1-11, and 4:12-19